Thursday 12 March 2015

Ducket List

Inspired by the relatively recent trend of bucket lists I have taken to (pond)-ering about what would be on my list. So I have decided to indulge in a few of my own.  When I say indulge I mean at least write them down.  Doing them, well that would be fine and dandy now!


                                               Image result for duck on bucket

                                         The-in-near-future Ducket List
        
  • To be able to take a a leisurely bath ALONE!  No one squished up at the tap end, no sitting on or leaning back into sharp plastic now in the rubbish toys.  What bliss it would be to have this experience.  Put on some noice tunes, glass of vino at the ready, posh scented candles lit and ....relax.  In fact, fuck the music and candles, the only important element is that I am the only one in that body of water!  No ducklings waddling toward the pond eyes alight with the promise of submersion.  Nuh huh!  Lone Duck, long pond.
                                           
  • To get in a car and just drive!  No set destination.  No one knowing where you are.   No time frame!  Just me and the car. Me and the road.  Me and freedom. Oh, and of course some good road music is essential. Woohoo, duckstress of my own fate.  Wind blowing through my feathers, ducking and diving through shit holes on the map, quacking along to the power ballads with the mallards, "more than a ducking good feeling', "here I go again on my own"  "Who's gonna drive Duck home" 'Total eclipse of the Duck"  I suspect the reason this scenario is so tempting is because it is not really possible without some minor consequence.  Who would pick up the duckling, take him to school the next day, go to my job etc et bloody ceteraaaaaaaa?  I can't really just throw ducaution to the wind and just drive.  I'm too freaking sensible. I lack the spontaneity and recklessness.  That's why it is such a sweet, illicit fantasy.  I wouldn't even care if I found myself in Levin or even Danniverke for that matter.  Dreams are free!  Click if you dare:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oohFGOmcxuo

                                   There is a theme occurring here methinks!



  • To have my bed made by someone other than me.  To add to this rather delicious bucket dream I would love nothing more than to slide into fresh sheets that are crisply cold so I can starfish across them in the grips of a hot flush. Ahh sweet bliss.


  • To give less of a shit about what people think of me or my actions.  I have already started on this journey (and it is a ride) so it's a kind of work in progress.  It involves retraining negative thinking patterns and unleashing the inner duck!  To those who judge I would like to give them the webbed finger, turn my beak in the other direction and not give a flying duck.  To cultivate an ability to say 'what me?  Ach it's water off a ducks back!' and truly mean it with every feather of my being.  To fly unbridled through life and skim over the negative parts and loiter with intention in the aspects that are uplifting, inspiring and energising.  To have the composure to change the feathers I need to change, embrace the ones I cannot change and have the discernment to know the ducking difference.
I would love to hear your bucket lists. Both your near and further into the future arse-pirations.  


                                'Don't quack like a duck, soar like an eagle'.

#bucketlist

4 comments:

  1. The idea of Scooby's bucket list appeals to my conscientious personality. Plan plan plan, have those long term goals and they'll get you through the tough times. As a reflection of me my list includes parts which challenge, require planning and where I may come away from the experience being led in a different direction... goodo. A one month teacher training course in India; not to teach, rather to deepen my knowledge in an area which I am passionate about but currently have too little time to devote too. Run one of the "big" marathons i.e New York, London, or Paris, assisting someone with a disability so that they too can experience the joy of reaching a goal. Finally, more travel but not the easy stuff- Central and South America, Turkey, and Sardinia. Oh to be young and free....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo, A great bucket list and a nice variety of things. I am loving the openness to being led in a different direction. I am curious about the course in India? Is it yoga based?. I have the up-most confidence that you will kick that bucket list and many more! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't have one! My other half does - there are about 100 things on it and he is slowly ticking them off. I think it's having kids - my responsibility for them has blinkered me somewhat. So I'm going to have a wine tonight (who am I kidding - a bottle!) and create one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Becca! Glad to see you haven't changed :-) Glass schmass, might as well just sniff the cork instead x

      Delete